Thursday, January 12, 2012

First things first.

  • Get out of bed. 
    • This is not on my list of things easily done. In the past it seemed easy, even necessary to get out of bed as soon as my eyes opened. These days I wake up and lie there for hours. Literally. 
  • Coffee. 
    • Sounds easy enough. And really when I wake up and finally get out of bed it is usually high on the priority list. But whatever it is thats keeping me in bed, is also stopping me from proceeding to do anything to get my day moving.
  • Breakfast.
    • Luckily, once I do get around to coffee, breakfast is usually easily attainable. Toast seems to be a good starter.
  • Fill in the rest of my day here:
    • I like to make sure there is something I have to do during the day, otherwise its just more of that morning bit. I lay in bed on my computer, or on the couch in front of the tv, all the time wishing I was not so damn lazy.  
So. Today, I did lie in bed for a good hour before getting up, when I got up I procrastinated the next step (coffee) by folding my laundry. Fortunately I do have a date this afternoon, so once I was dressed, coffee and breakfast followed swiftly. Hopefully the rest of the day will be easier now that I must leave the house. Im going to play disc golf for a few hours, which should be great because I dont remember the last physically active thing I did.

Other things I am trying to add to my list of things to do regularly:
  • Drink at least 2 litres of water every day.
  • Exercise in some way. (yoga, walking, stretching, hiking)
  • Clean up after myself.
  • Get off my computer and read a book!
On that note Im going to go! 

2 comments:

  1. Yes to water! I like your list...hmm coffee. I know that feeling of lying in bed, never satisfying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been much better about the water since I wrote this. Also there are many things on my list of things I need to motivate myself to do everyday, some of which are as simple as, 'brush my teeth' and 'buy groceries,' that I need a whole other list. Oi! Progress!

    ReplyDelete